How you know it's time to pick a new rock idol

"At A mere 5ft 3in, Prince has always relied on the highest of heels to give him a lift. But his penchant for platforms could have stacked the odds against him. At 47, he has been told he needs a hip replacement."

Now, we all grow older (and in the part of my mind that is reality-based I know this), but somehow I never think of my rock idols as growing older, too. When I think of Davy Jones I'm an eager 8th-grader reading Tiger Beat magazine and listening to "Daydream Believer". I thought it would be interesting to look up my "faves" and see how they've held up:

Davy Jones then:



Davy Jones now:


Neil Diamond then:


Neil Diamond now:



David Cassidy then:


David Cassidy now:

Somehow I never pictured my rock idols needing hip replacement surgery. I suppose the solution is to find a new idol that will stay forever young (or at least until after I'm dead). So here is my new idol, David Gallagher. I have no idea who he is, but Google assures me he's hot, hot, hot! And the best part is, he'll be young for a LONG time!

4 comments:

Miss Britt said...

Prince is still Hot! Hot! Hot!

Oh I hope this means that there will be less competition for him from young hot girls. Surely that means I have a better chance at him now!!

P.S. Can you please teach me everything I need to know in order to apply for a nursemaid position?

Mrs RW said...

Britt:

Of course the minute I heard the "news flash" about Prince my next thought was that I had to blog about it just for you!

Nursemaid tip: must keep the patient's legs separated with knees wide apart. I'm sure you can think of something that would be compatible with this position...

Miss Britt said...

Oh my God. I'm dying here!! LMAO

I knew I could count on you for valuable guidance!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post. I was more a fan of David Cassidy's half brother Shaun Cassidy. Wonder what he looks like now? Rick Springfield was on Oprah the other day and I thought he had not aged so well. Jon Bon Jovi, however, is still looking fine.