Death Penalty? Yes


12/18/07: GLENDALE HEIGHTS, Ill. (AP) ― A suburban Chicago father suspected of critically burning his two young sons has had an order of protection filed against him, prohibiting him from seeing the boys. DuPage County Juvenile Court Judge C. Stanley Austin filed the order Tuesday at the request of Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Ruggiero. Authorities say Kaushik Patel of Glendale Heights doused his sons with gasoline and set them ablaze on November 18th. The 34-year-old father and his sons are in the burn unit at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood. Four-year-old Om and seven-year-old Vishv remain in drug-induced comas.

No charges have been filed against Patel. (Addendum: Om died on Jan. 17)


What the f-ck!!
Why the hell not?
Are two burned young boys not enough evidence? What more does the law require?

I heard about this story on the way home from work and was sickened to my core. How could anyone do this to a child? Even worse, how could a
FATHER do this to his own children? There is no explanation, no motive, nothing. nothing. nothing. that should spare this man the worst torture that could be devised. Death would be too merciful. If Vishv survives, he will have nothing to look forward to except repeated plastic surgeries, permanent disfigurement, endless pain and physical and psychological suffering. How do you explain to a child that the one person who should love him and protect him for his whole life caused him this pain?

I have no answers. Can anyone explain this to me?

5 comments:

Miss Britt said...

I'd try to explain...

but I'm too busy being sick to my stomach.

So. not. fair.

Dave2 said...

Yes, it's stories like this that me it difficult for me to hold on to my Buddhist teachings of non-violence. It's horrible that animals and children... the most innocent of creatures... should have to suffer like this.

Avitable said...

I have to imagine that there is some serious mental illness involved.

Mrs RW said...

I would hope that this person is mentally ill. It would be even worse to consider that a sane person could do such a heinous thing.

Update: I heard today that the other child died, too. I hope they're both in little boys' heaven surrounded by love...

Girl, Dislocated said...

The human race is just spiraling out of control. I've stopped trying to make any sense of stories like this because there just is no sense to be found in the brutal and disgusting things humans do to each other.